The man in slush-dirtied Kenneth Cole knock-offs trudged through the industrial park. The Cup O’ Noodles clutched in his angry, defeated, ashamed, rueful hand followed. Or something to that Stephen King’s The Gunslinger series effect.
Archive for the ‘We’ll get through this somehow…’ Category
Hi. As you’ve probably noticed, I sorta stopped updating my blog. I have excuses! Plenty of em’. Here’s some:
1) I’m really lazy.
2) I have a problem with depression which affects any motivation I have.
3) I really don’t care about celebrity gossip. I didn’t even care about it when I was getting paid to care about it. I just seem to have a really good memory structure to house stupid facts about vacuous assholes who stumbled on to fame and fortune due to genetics.
4) This wasn’t making me any money, and I wasn’t sure how to monetize it so it would.
5) Blogs like DListed and WWTDD do this sort of thing way better.
6) What? I’m not getting down on myself! I’m a pretty good writer, and fairly amusing. But sometimes I think my humor is forced and a riffing a little too much on other people’s.
7) I had some serious job crazy in the last couple of years. I got laid off my blogging gig, lived in jobless terror for 7 months (which time I should have spent making this blog all kinds of awesome and I didn’t really try), got a job, lived in job terror for close to a year (insane boss), got fired, and then got my current job at the purveyor of gay sex headquarters. Which I hated at first, but then I got a promotion and I love it. Seriously, I look at dudes all day, can look at porn all I want for “work reasons,” I work in probably the most gay-friendly environment ever except for maybe a dildo shop in SF, I get to social media-ize and write all day long…it’s just fun and I look forward to what the day brings. I don’t think I found my calling, but it’s a helluva place to hang out until (if ever) I do.
Those are kind of all the reasons I can think of. Maybe I’ll check in now and then but it’s not looking that way. I will keep it up and open, though. So – yay?
There IS good news. I recently began writing a good portion of the Manhunt Daily. So if you want to follow what I’m up to…here’s the link – http://www.manhuntdaily.com. If you liked this blog, then you will enjoy the Gay Ass Gossip feature. I’ll also be doing some tv recapping this summer, so stay tuned for that.
I’ll also be writing the blog for BigBearDen, coming soon. http://www.bigbearden.com
And if you’re a HUGE J. Harvey fan, here’s where the rest of my day job happens:
Note: A good portion of those (specifically the Manhunt Daily) are COMPLETELY homosexual in nature and very NSFW. You’ve been warned.
Anyway, that’s that. I’m sure I will see you again soon. I love you.